Diva’s PF Goals
2013 Financial Goals
- Pay off Credit Card by May 1, 2013
- Save $10,000 to purchase a new car
- Increase 401(k) contribution rate to 10% by Dec 2013
2011 Financial Goals & Results
- Pay off Credit Card
- Pay off HELOC (BHAG)
- Save 3 months emergency funds
- Increase networth to $50,000
- Bring in additional $24,000 in Income
2010 Financial Goals & Results
- Save $1000 for emergency fund – Done! I’ve got $1000 in my Ally savings account.
- Pay off Visa $8663 – Fail! Not only did the total amount increase, I still owe more that this amount.
- Save $800 for Christmas fund 2010 – Neutral. I budgeted $800 for Christmas gifts but did spend more. I will allocate $1000 for shopping next year.
- Pay off Car $5546 – Success! I paid off my car loan in November of this year. But forgot to turn off my automatic payment in December and made an extra payment. Now just waiting for this money to come back to me.
- Save $3,000 for Fidelity – Fail! All my money has been going to my debts.
- Save $1,500 for vacation fund – Neutral. A vacation was not high on my priority list for 2010. If I achieve my 2011 goals prior to December, I’m going reward myself with a vacation between Christmas and New Years.
- Contribute to company 401K to get match – Neutral. Per the Dave Ramsey, debt snowball plan, I’ve been putting all my income towards my debt. However, I did do a quick calculation and if I contribute 4% of my pre-tax income to my 401K, in order to get the company match, it appears that I will actually take home about $4 more dollars per pay check. I need to check this math… but if that is correct then I’m going to do this in 2011.